Just in case you don't think there is any rhyme or reason to this dinner blog, here it is: It's a rotating week. Monday Beat the Blues Comfort Food; Tempting Tuesday; Casserole Wednesday; Tasty Thursday; Featured Friday (where I feature a special person and their recipe); Saturday Side Dish; Sunday Soups/Scoops/Specials. Each week I'll be blogging on a different day, so there's something new about every eight days.

NOTE: This blog will be changing. Stay tuned for a new look and routine of when I will post.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Strawberry Spinach Salad

Sunday is for Soups or Salads or Something Special.

I had eaten a similar salad in a restaurant and it was so good that I decided to make my own. I made a big bowl when I had company, so use portions according to how many you plan on feeding.

Put baby spinach leaves in bowl. Add sliced strawberries. I added sliced almonds and feta cheese. Since I had just bought some blueberries, I added some of those too.

I made some home-made poppy seed dressing from my old Betty Crocker cookbook, but it was really a French dressing with some poppy seeds added. Not realizing that until after I made it, I added some sugar to it so that it would be a little sweet.

It had just enough tang and the salad sang.

Yeah well, best that I stick with salads and not poetry.

Ingredients:
Baby spinach leaves
Strawberries
Blueberries
Almonds
Feta Cheese
Poppy Seed Dressing
Rating & Type: EE/V

No comments:

Post a Comment