Just in case you don't think there is any rhyme or reason to this dinner blog, here it is: It's a rotating week. Monday Beat the Blues Comfort Food; Tempting Tuesday; Casserole Wednesday; Tasty Thursday; Featured Friday (where I feature a special person and their recipe); Saturday Side Dish; Sunday Soups/Scoops/Specials. Each week I'll be blogging on a different day, so there's something new about every eight days.

NOTE: This blog will be changing. Stay tuned for a new look and routine of when I will post.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chicken Mushroom Spaghetti


For my Tempting Tuesday dish I wasn’t sure how tempting it was going to be, but it turned out pretty good.

I had some left over portabella mushrooms and wondered what I could do with them. Since we hadn’t had a pasta dish lately, I figured I could sauté the mushrooms and add them to the noodles and we’d be good to go. However, the only kind of noodles I had was spaghetti noodles.

I decided I needed to make more of a sauce and if I was going to do that, then I need to add some chicken to the mix.

I cooked up the chicken in some butter, added the mushrooms. I made a basic white sauce that is in a lot of recipes on this blog – shrimpy noodles or beef potato casserole or cod in cream sauce to name a few.

I added about ½ cup or so of parmesan cheese, then combined it with the chicken and mushrooms. After the noodles cooked, I added those and called it chicken mushroom spaghetti. I need to be more creative with my made up recipes, but hey you at least know what you’re getting, yes?

Ingredients:
Chicken
Mushrooms
Noodles

Rating & Type: EE/C

No comments:

Post a Comment