Just in case you don't think there is any rhyme or reason to this dinner blog, here it is: It's a rotating week. Monday Beat the Blues Comfort Food; Tempting Tuesday; Casserole Wednesday; Tasty Thursday; Featured Friday (where I feature a special person and their recipe); Saturday Side Dish; Sunday Soups/Scoops/Specials. Each week I'll be blogging on a different day, so there's something new about every eight days.

NOTE: This blog will be changing. Stay tuned for a new look and routine of when I will post.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Beef Potato Casserole

A lot of these recipes I’m posting are for the benefit of my adult children who have asked me to share some dishes they remember from their childhood. This particular one came to mind that I used to make quite a bit. As a single parent, I was into easy, economical and something all three of them would eat.

I was late getting the casserole in the oven, so when my husband came home early from work, I told him I was a tad bit behind with dinner. He wanted to know what we were having.

“Beef Potato Casserole.” It doesn’t matter what I tell that man we are having, he’s happy to eat it. I love that about him.

“I don’t think I’ve ever made this dish for you, have I?” He didn’t recall. Wow, that means I haven’t made this dish in 13 years. I told him I used to make it all the time for the kids.

“Must be a poor man’s dish then.”

“Well, yeah, probably.” But sometimes the poor man dishes are some of the tastiest. By the way my hubby gobbled it up, I’d say I’m right.

He’d say, “You’re always right.”

I don’t try to be, but when it comes to stuff the two of us discuss, it turns out I really am always right. I seriously don’t get it though. But do get on this dish and have some poor man’s food and tell me what you think.

Peel about 4 or 5 potatoes and cube.

Add a pound of raw ground beef and mix with potatoes.

Make a cream sauce and pour on top of the ground beef and potatoes.

Top with shredded cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour and a half.

Ingredients:
Beef
Potatoes
Cheese
Cream Sauce

Rating & Type: FE/F

2 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, yum.
    this kind of reminds me of the mashed potato bowls at KFC, but obviously yours looks so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never eaten a mashed potato bowl at KFC, but this dish is really yummy. Thanks Katie!

    ReplyDelete