Just in case you don't think there is any rhyme or reason to this dinner blog, here it is: It's a rotating week. Monday Beat the Blues Comfort Food; Tempting Tuesday; Casserole Wednesday; Tasty Thursday; Featured Friday (where I feature a special person and their recipe); Saturday Side Dish; Sunday Soups/Scoops/Specials. Each week I'll be blogging on a different day, so there's something new about every eight days.

NOTE: This blog will be changing. Stay tuned for a new look and routine of when I will post.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Bacon and Egg Sandwich


My good friend Kim had given me some of her farm fresh eggs. Oh gosh, if anyone has the good fortune of getting a hold of farm fresh eggs, they are so worth it. There’s no comparison really—the egg yolk is so golden yellow it really makes you wonder about the store bought eggs, if they’re even real.

I fried up some bacon – and Trader Joe’s apple smoked bacon is our all time favorite bacon. I’ve even tried some farm fresh butchered bacon and I still think TJs apple smoked bacon has much better flavor and just as meaty. But that’s me.

After you’ve fried the bacon, you crack open that egg and fry it up to your liking. I prefer my yolks to be a little runny even for a sandwich. In the picture, I cooked it a little too long, but you can still see the gooey goodness of the golden yellow yolk.


Make some toast and create your sandwich. And if you’re vegetarian like one of my daughters, you can eliminate the bacon unless you’re vegan and then I don’t think you eat eggs either, which will leave you with toast ☺ instead of that golden gooey all over your fingers.



Ingredients:
Trader Joe’s apple smoked bacon
Kim’s farm fresh eggs
bread

Rating & Type: EE/P

No comments:

Post a Comment