Just in case you don't think there is any rhyme or reason to this dinner blog, here it is: It's a rotating week. Monday Beat the Blues Comfort Food; Tempting Tuesday; Casserole Wednesday; Tasty Thursday; Featured Friday (where I feature a special person and their recipe); Saturday Side Dish; Sunday Soups/Scoops/Specials. Each week I'll be blogging on a different day, so there's something new about every eight days.

NOTE: This blog will be changing. Stay tuned for a new look and routine of when I will post.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Barbequed Pork Chops, Grilled Carrots

I had already taken out pork chops for dinner, but since it was so nice (and hot) out for March weather, I decided to bbq. When I think of pork chops, frying always comes to mind because that’s the only way we had them growing up. When my husband was a teenager, he had to do the cooking and that’s how they had them too—fried. He loves to eat them, but refuses to ever cook them again because the cleaning up of the pan and the mess of the grease is too much. Don’t I know.

I was too lazy to go to the store for some zucchini which is what I like to grill as a side dish, so I had some carrots and thought I’d give that a whirl.

The carrots didn’t look very appetizing as they began to shrink and get kind of black on the grill—looking dried out. I went inside and pulled out some salad dressing to douse them up. I used Trader Joe’s Champagne Pear Vinaigrette with Gorgonzola (which this is a super yummy dressing for salads) and thought why not for the carrots. I had sprinkled lemon pepper on both the chops and the carrots before I grilled them.

I’m not an expert griller, so I don’t have any tips. Just when I think they’re done, I brush them with sauce and then take them off the grill.

My husband used to be the griller of the house until he decided to take a nap instead of watching the pork steaks that he was grilling for a family reunion. I was in the kitchen, saw him on the couch, then looked outside and I screamed, “FIRE!” The entire bbq pit was in flames.

Needless to say, that got him off the couch. It was too late. All the meat was ash. You couldn’t even tell what was a bone. Of course I snapped a picture. Sometimes I wonder if he did it on purpose because guess who does the grilling now?

I do allow him to grill on occasion, but I have to lock him out of the house… that is if I want my grilled meat to be meat and not ash.

Oh and while we were outside, the frogs played a fine chorus for us – check out my other blog, Present Letters and see the pictures of the singing choir.

Ingredients:
Pork chops
carrots
bbq sauce
lemon pepper

Rating & Type: EE/P

No comments:

Post a Comment