Just in case you don't think there is any rhyme or reason to this dinner blog, here it is: It's a rotating week. Monday Beat the Blues Comfort Food; Tempting Tuesday; Casserole Wednesday; Tasty Thursday; Featured Friday (where I feature a special person and their recipe); Saturday Side Dish; Sunday Soups/Scoops/Specials. Each week I'll be blogging on a different day, so there's something new about every eight days.

NOTE: This blog will be changing. Stay tuned for a new look and routine of when I will post.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sauerkraut and Polish Sausage

Sauerkraut and Polish sausage is a German dish yet it’s written right there—Polish sausage. Why is it a German dish if it’s Polish? I decided to look it up and I realized Poland was right next to Germany. Being neighbors, maybe the Germans brought the sauerkraut and the Polish brought the sausage and they put the two together. Well, this sure isn’t a smart blog, it’s a food blog. I don’t claim to be smart, just that I can cook, for the most part.

This dish I threw in the crockpot because I knew I wouldn’t be home at dinner hour and I normally make this with mashed potatoes instead of adding the potatoes in the crockpot. Mashed potatoes are so much better, but hey, we can’t do it all, all the time, can we?

No. So quit trying.

My suggestion if you’re going to throw the potatoes in the crock with the kraut and sausage is to add some additional water or cut your potatoes up in smaller hunks rather than quartered. Potatoes won’t be done even when cooking all day on low in kraut juice. Trust me. They were edible, but when you’re mouth is watering for some good ole German kraut and sausage, hard potatoes ruin it.



Rating & Type: EE/P or B

No comments:

Post a Comment