Just in case you don't think there is any rhyme or reason to this dinner blog, here it is: It's a rotating week. Monday Beat the Blues Comfort Food; Tempting Tuesday; Casserole Wednesday; Tasty Thursday; Featured Friday (where I feature a special person and their recipe); Saturday Side Dish; Sunday Soups/Scoops/Specials. Each week I'll be blogging on a different day, so there's something new about every eight days.

NOTE: This blog will be changing. Stay tuned for a new look and routine of when I will post.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Grilled Meatloaf Sandwich

Now that we had meatloaf for dinner last night, what to do with the leftovers? If you don’t want to eat it again the next night, you could skip a day and then use this recipe the day after.

If this was invented before, I was clueless. I decided I invented this sandwich and couldn’t wait to try it when I got home. Buy some really nice bread, I used Trader Joe’s Farm loaf or Artisan something or another.

For one sandwich take two slices of bread and butter the outside (using real butter, as always). Heat up your nonstick skillet or whatever pan you make grilled sandwiches. I guess a George Foreman thingy would work too, maybe.

Place one piece of bread buttered side down and place a half of a slice of muenster cheese on top, then add your meatloaf, then another half slice of muenster cheese and top with the other slice of bread, buttered side up. Grill until the cheese melts and the meat is heated through and the bread is a nice golden brown. I put this on low heat in order for the meat to get hot.

I have to admit, this was quite yummy. My husband paid me a nice compliment by saying this could be something served in a restaurant.

Has anyone out there ever had a grilled meatloaf sandwich?

Ingredients:
Bread
Leftover meatloaf
Muenster cheese

Rating & Type: EE/B

No comments:

Post a Comment