Just in case you don't think there is any rhyme or reason to this dinner blog, here it is: It's a rotating week. Monday Beat the Blues Comfort Food; Tempting Tuesday; Casserole Wednesday; Tasty Thursday; Featured Friday (where I feature a special person and their recipe); Saturday Side Dish; Sunday Soups/Scoops/Specials. Each week I'll be blogging on a different day, so there's something new about every eight days.

NOTE: This blog will be changing. Stay tuned for a new look and routine of when I will post.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Tuna Casserole

Our first Casserole Wednesday is: Tuna Casserole

I have a version of tuna casserole and then my husband has a version of tuna casserole. His seems to be more like someone who has Alzheimer’s and couldn’t remember if they were making tuna casserole or tuna salad.

I’ll start with mine:
1 can tuna (whatever type you prefer) drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
milk – fill up the empty can of soup
Elbow macaroni noodles, but I’ve used shells, corkscrew, egg—whatever's on hand.
Cheddar cheese (amount is up to you)

While you boil the noodles, drain the tuna, put in casserole dish and add the soup and milk and stir together. After the noodles have cooked and drained, add to the tuna/soup mixture. If you use shredded cheese, you can mix whatever amount you want in with the mixture or if you use hunks of cheese, then take pieces of cheese and place throughout the casserole. Top with additional cheese or bread crumbs or crushed up dried onion rings or corn flakes or… you get the idea. I use cheese.

Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. The pictures are all from my recipe. The reason it doesn't look as golden brown is probably because instead of topping it with cheddar cheese, I used Guyre cheese (that's what I had on hand).

Husband’s Tuna Casserole:
Boil noodles and while that’s cooking, open a can of tuna (drained), dump in bowl along with some mayonnaise (I use Miracle Whip), some pickle relish (your choice on amount), mix that up (yep, it’s like tuna salad) and then add the drained noodles. Eat right away while still on the warm side. It does seem weird, but it’s not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment